Thursday, December 15, 2016

2016 Most Memorable Beer List--a list from NICK(Singapore)

The 3rd list from a series of list from beer friends in and around Asia continues with a list from down south, Nick is certainly a familiar figure in the Singapore craft beer community--he brew, he writes(one half of the blog BeerCanLah) and of course he drink,
年度最有印象啤酒清单继续行进,这次是新加坡的朋友NICK的印象记,有自己的部落客,NICK也玩自酿。
Here's his list--in Nick's own words:-
Pliney the Elder (Russian River)
The first time I managed to have this beer was in San Francisco on a work trip. I visit Tornado Bar and had it on tap. I felt it lacked the hop punchiness I was expecting. It was not until It tried the bottle I brought back from bar in SG that I fully understood the brilliance of this beer. The perfect balance between hops and malt. The punchy freshness missing from the draft version was present in the bottle.
被不少啤迷视为其中一支必喝的美国神级IPA,NICK第一次在三藩市一家酒吧喝到上了啤酒泵版本时觉得少了期待中汹涌而来的啤酒花--直到回国後,喝瓶子版本时才喝到期待中的均衡啤酒花和麦芽美味。
 Lambeck by Beercanlah
This was an unblended lambic I brewered for my wedding this year. I was particularly pleased with it as it full soured, had a good amount of complexity and was not over acetic. It also went down well with the wedding guests.
 这是自酿酸啤酒,NICK为自己婚礼酿的,宾客也喜欢。
Rodenbach Vintage 2012
I first experienced this beer in 2015 in Delirium Bar Brussels, but it was so memorable I had to buy it again, when I saw it for sale at HK Brewcraft. Probably my most memorable of 2016 but I am a big sour beer fan. The best example of a Flanders red I have ever had.
去年在比利时喝到之后念念不忘,在香港瓶子店找到,对NICK来说,这支可能是今年喝过最好啤酒。
Pernicious Weed (Garage project)
For a 8% it’s hard to pick up the alcohol through all the hops. The hops character is mainly from dry hopping an late additions so its not overly bitter. Reminds me of an NZ version of Pliny the Elder, where the hop flavour is more fruit than dank, coming purely from NZ hops.
 NICK觉得这像是纽西兰酿坊版本的PILNY,啤酒花功用适中,很好的掩盖了酒精度,喝起来很顺。
Rye on Wood (Young Master Ales)
My trip to Hong Kong was one of many great beers but a couple of beers stood out for me and they were from the best brewery in Hong Kong, Young Master Ale. The Hong Kong brewery scene has exploded recently with many new progressive brewers all making great craft beer. I only wish the same could be said for Singapore, we seem to have fallen behind. The thing I like about this beer is the spicy rye malt body backed up by Oak.
在香港让NICK感受到当地热络的CRAFT BEER 文化氛围,这杯酒的好玩处是稍带辣味的麦芽加木桶的融和影响。
Mio (Young Master Ales)
A limited edition beer from Young Master Ales and a great example of a Belgian Quad. Strong malt character followed by some candy sweetness and then wood comes through. A thoroughly enjoyable ale. 
同一家香港酿坊最近推出的限量版瓶子,比利时风格,带有强烈麦芽香,糖果甜和木桶熟成带来的风味。

No comments:

Post a Comment