Friday, December 23, 2016

2016 Most Memorable Beer List-a list from Liam (Hong Kong)

Liam is a beer geek from HK--the first time we met in person was actually at Mikkeller Bangkok--it's the scene all too familiar to most geeks around the world--total strangers started talking- about certain beer--and then started sharing a beer or two...
Liam is passionate about craft beer, and writes about beers/mead he tasted on social media :-

啤咩啤BmB Beer meh Beer HK 


年度最有印象清单继续,这次是香港啤迷朋友LIAM的选酒,一次在曼谷“米吧”偶遇认识了热衷于分享/写关于品酒心得的LIAM--啤迷之间共同语言蛮简单,就算之前完全是陌生人,也能很快沟通,分享一些啤酒之后,更容易了解是不是同路人。

Here's the list from Liam( and perhaps i should have asked him to write in Mnadarin/Cantonese too--instead of me trying to interpret :)
1.      New Glarus Brewing Company “Raspberry Tart”
They certainly brew the best fruit beers in the world. This “Raspberry Tart” was given by my beer geek friend, Tommy, on my wedding day! After the long exhausting day, it was our energy drink. “Are we drinking fresh raspberry juice?” my wife asked.
这是LIAM婚礼朋友赠与的美国酿坊水果啤酒,婚礼当天多么耗精力,经过的人都会知道,这瓶啤酒对LIAM来说是能量饮料--他老婆大人的反应“这是在喝着新鲜覆盆子果汁吗?"
2.      Hill Farmstead Brewery “Twilight of the Idols”

It was a hearty gift from my beer geek friend, Kenneth, for my wedding and my first Hill Farmstead. No wonder why they are the no.1 brewery in the world. An extremely well-balanced porter that is full of coffee, cinnamon and vanilla. Full of flavour but nothing too much.
婚礼收到的另一瓶--也是LIAM有史以来第一支HF啤酒,一支恰到好处的均衡醇香黑啤,世界最佳酿坊的称号不是盖的。
3.      Omnipollo “Yellow Belly Sundae”
Omnipollo has never disappointed me. Their so-called “liquid desserts” imperial stouts are just awesome. “Yellow Belly” is the liquid form of peanut butter but without any nuts or peanut butter added. The original one is too sweet but the bourbon barrel-aged “Sundae” version is just perfect with more layers of complexity. It always comes up in my mind whenever a celebration drink is needed.
这家瑞典酿坊至今没让LIAM失望过,尤其是这支“甜品类”黑啤--喝起来像是液体花生酱,可是酿造过程完全没有加入花生酱。LIAM比较喜欢桶陈版本,觉得比原版来得更有层次,不会那么甜。
4.      Garage Project “Death From Above”
I have said that “Death From Above” can be my everyday beer during summer. It is a solid IPA with special ingredients (mint, lime juice, mango chili) added. You can easily taste its transition from minty, mango and citrusy flavour to spicy and grapefruit bitter aftertaste
这是夏天可以天天喝的啤酒,一支带来薄荷,芒果,柑橘类再转换至微辣,葡萄柚微涩口感的IPA。
5.      Brasserie Cantillon Beer Tasting 
When my wife and I visited Brasserie Cantillon in June, we planned to try two to three bottles maximum. Luckily, we met some true beer geeks from Norway and US and every one of us were willing to share and talk with each other. This was one of the most wonderful tasting I have ever had and embodied there are no boundaries for beer geeks!
今年6月,LIAM和老婆去了趟欧洲,在比利时这家酿坊原本只打算喝上两三支就够,因为遇上来自挪威和美国啤迷,就那样,陌生人围在一起分享更多,这是LIAM至今最美妙的一次品酒分享经验。
6.      Young Master Ales “Mio”
A whisky barrel-aged Quad that was well-made by our local brewery. I tried the non-barrel aged and barrel-aged versions at the same time and was surprised by the huge enhancement of flavour with barrel-aging. I am looking forward to their upcoming beers brewed with Brettanomyces. 
来自香港本土酿坊-少爷的作品,比利时旧式风格啤酒,威士忌桶陈版本很明显的大大提升/丰富了原版风味。
7.      Moonzen Brewery “"Moonzen Lunar Barleywine"”
Another great brew which Hong Kong people should be proud of. It is a full-bodied English-style barleywine which has lots of flavour like dark fruits, molasses, Chinese ingredients, such as dried dates and longan. Chinese New Year is coming soon. Let’s see how it will taste like after a year.
另一家香港本土酿坊-门神作品,酿的是英国BARLEYWINE风格,适合陈放一下的啤酒。
8.      Superstition Meadery’s Meads
The first time I tried “craft” meads was at Mikkeller Bangkok, Superstition mead tap takeover. The mead platter just blew up my mind. I have never thought of the mead infused with vanilla beans, berries or bourbon barrel-aged. I am happy to see that mead is going to hit Asia soon.
LIAM在曼谷”米吧“第一次喝到CRAFT级别的”蜜酒“--适逢被誉为世界最佳之一的美国酿坊占领啤酒泵活动--试过不同尝味小杯蜜酒让LIAM觉得震撼(因为现象不到原来蜜酒可以那么多不同层次变化)
9.      Hill Farmstead Brewery “Table Dorothy”
Undoubtedly, it is the best table beer I have ever tried so far. A session saison comes up with mild sour, lots of citrusy, brett, grassy and balanced maltiness. Most importantly, it was bought by my non-beer geek friend from Vermont. He drove 2 hours to the brewery, lined up for an hour and gave me a surprise when he came to Hong Kong!
毫无疑问的,这是LIAM喝过最好的低度啤酒(TABLE BEER)-是美国朋友(不是啤迷)驾车两小时去酿坊,再排队一小时才买到,在香港赠与的意外惊喜。
10.      Mikkeller “Nelson Sauvignon”
One of the best beers from Mikkeller and it is called “Bière de Champagne” by Beeradvocate. With the help of my friends, I was lucky to try the original (2015), 2011, chardonnay barrel-aged and dry hopped versions. The original one is still my favourite and filled with grape, white wine, brett, tropical fruit, woody and some characters from Belgium yeast. It is just so complex and yummy. 
类香槟啤酒,试过原版和变奏/桶陈版本,LIAM最喜欢原版,复杂美味的一款“米记”佳酿。

No comments:

Post a Comment